High Blood Pressure Diet Book Review
What is the book by Nicole Stevens Effective Home Remedies for High Blood Pressure? Does it really work? We are going to review Effective Home Remedies for High Blood Pressure aka the high blood pressure diet.
Nicole Stevens watched for years as her parents and grandparents battled high blood pressure and saw that the medicine they used really didn’t work that well. When she hit her 30s she started noticing symptoms in herself of the things her parents and grandparents went through; at which point she started looking for a better way to deal with high blood pressure.
She had countless conversations with doctors, homeopaths, specialist, yoga trainers, personal trainers, and more only to find that the information from each contradicted itself and left her more confused than ever.
At that point she started her own screening methodology and used it on herself first, she has been able to gain better control of her blood pressure, feel better, and do more things than she could before. Since then she has written everything she learned into the Effective Home Remedies for High Blood Pressure book.
What is in the book?
An explanation of what high blood pressure (hypertension) is; the pressure of blood flow against the artery walls. If that pressure is too high it will damage the arteries leading to stroke and other health issues that could prove to be fatal.
Who gets high blood pressure? Anyone can have high blood pressure; the majority of people who do have it will not even know that their blood pressure is high until they have their normal checkup at the doctors. Basically 140/90 is considered high.
This book will give you several recommendations of lifestyle changes to help you get your blood pressure under control before or even after you have had to start blood pressure medication. However if you are currently on medication you need to pay attention once you start using the remedies in this book as it is possible for your blood pressure to drop too low which can also cause hazards to your health.
The lifestyle changes in the book consist of diet, exercise, reducing stress, stopping things like smoking, and other bad habits that lead to health issues. I will not give you detailed writings of what is in the book or how you should do the program.
Why the lifestyle changes? As you change your lifestyle and become healthier, your blood pressure will improve and decrease to a more normal level. Exercise will help reduce stress, not smoking or drinking will lower blood pressure, and eating better foods will also lower blood pressure as you will have less cholesterol in your blood that could build up in the arteries. Losing weight will also reduce blood pressure.
Also there are certain foods that can help with lowering or regulating your blood pressure naturally.
Frequently asked questions
- Is there a guarantee? You have 60 days to read the book and if you are not satisfied return it for a refund.
- Will any of these home remedies harm me? Home remedies or natural remedies should not cause you any harm however we advise you to speak to your doctor before starting any kind of lifestyle change, exercise, diet to make sure you are healthy enough to do those changes.
- Should I monitor my own blood pressure while following this program? Yes, even if you are not following this program by Nicole, and have high blood pressure you should monitor your own blood pressure even when it is under control with medication. By checking your blood pressure once every 2 weeks you will know if it is where it should be running allowing you to alert your doctor if it is too low or too high.
- Is there anything in the program that could cause an allergic reaction or reaction with my medication? If you have food allergies you will need to stay away from the foods that cause your allergies, while some medications require you to watch your diet you should speak to your pharmacist or health care practitioner about your medication and dietary restrictions.
- Is there anything else I should know about regarding this program or book? You will also get some bonus booklets some of which are; 1. Heart-healthy life style! Booklet, 2. Combat the Causes of High Blood Pressure, 3. Know Your Body to Lower Blood Pressure, as well as two others.
Comments from real users
One user states that her daughter bought her an E-reader for her birthday and this was on there from her daughter who was worried about her blood pressure since she was on medication for it already; she read the book and had this to say: “I started out small I didn’t adopt everything all at once, but I was able to do a bit of exercising and then unexpectedly I became more aware of the food I was eating. I was feeling wonderful, and then one day I became really sick. Come to out that the high blood pressure medicine I was still taking had dropped my blood pressure too low. I recommend this book to anyone who has high blood pressure”
Another user has this to say “I implemented all the strategies and things are now in control. I do my best to keep a good work-life balance and pay attention to myself. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone with high blood pressure.”
The pros and cons
The pros are it is all natural the only thing you would really need to be worried about is food allergies. The cost is not terribly expensive. The cons are it may not work for everyone. You won’t know until you try it.
My own experience and conclusions
I have only just begun so I can’t say if it is truly working for me yet however I am feeling more energetic and have been dealing with stress much better. In the 4 weeks I have been doing this my BP has dropped from 155/93 to around 150/90 so I am still working on it but I think even if I still have to take medication in the long run the dose will be much lower if I continue to heed the advice given in this book.
While this approach may not work for everyone I recommend you give it try as it just might work for you or at least lower the dosage of medication you need to take to control your blood pressure.